Canada recognizes the importance of reuniting you with your family members. Your relatives will be able to live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada.  If you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a registered Indian under the Indian Act of Canada, and at least 18 years old, you may be able to sponsor your family members to come to Canada.

To sponsor, you must live in Canada if you are a permanent resident. If you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, you must provide evidence that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident. You and your family member must also sign a sponsorship agreement. The terms of the agreement vary depending on which family members you are sponsoring.

Family members you may sponsor include your:

  • spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner
  • dependent children
  • adopted children
  • parents and grandparents
  • other family member

You’ll want to know the many details about how your loved ones can come to Canada with a permanent resident visa.

Find out more   

Book a Consultation

You can schedule a consultation with us by using our “Online Consultation” form. Hourly consultation fees apply.

Looking for a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant?