Study in Canada


Studying in Canada offers numerous benefits, including the global recognition of Canadian college and university diplomas. According to the Times Higher Education World University Ratings, five Canadian universities are ranked in the top 100 worldwide. As an international student, you can apply to study in Canada and have the opportunity to work while studying or after graduation as a full-time student. The Canadian government provides post-graduation work permits to students who have completed a certificate, diploma, or degree from a post-secondary school in Canada. This serves as an excellent way to gain Canadian work experience and a pathway to permanent residence while continuing to live in Canada.

Emigrance Consulting & Immigration Inc. – We assist individuals in evaluating their skills and selecting a new path that optimally utilizes their education, work experience, and talents.


To apply for a study permit, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution. A designated learning institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students. Choosing an appropriate school is a very important step. Your choice determines whether or not you can apply for a work permit after graduation.

Research beyond the study plan

As a full-time student, you have the opportunity to work while studying on or off campus. Additionally, you can assist your spouse or common-law partner in obtaining a work permit while you study, work temporarily, or stay permanently in Canada after you graduate as an international student.

Some study programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. How you apply for a co-op work permit depends on if you already applied for your study permit or not.

You need to know if you are eligible to work after you graduate. Not all designated learning institutions make you eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP).  As well as graduating from an eligible designated learning institution, you need to meet all the criteria to get a post-graduation work permit. The post-graduation work permit can be an excellent pathway to permanent residence in Canada.

Book a Consultation

You can schedule a consultation with us by using our “Online Consultation” form. Hourly consultation fees apply.

Looking for a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant?