Studying in Canada has many benefits. Canadian college and university diplomas are recognized worldwide. Five Canadian universities ranked in the top 100 for the best universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Ratings.

Apply to study in Canada as an international student. As a full-time student in Canada, you can work while you study or after you graduate. The Canadian government offers post-graduation work permits to students who have completed a certificate, diploma or degree from a post-secondary school in Canada. This is an excellent way to continue to live in Canada while gaining Canadian work experience and a pathway to permanent residence.

Emigrance Consulting & Immigration Inc. – we help individuals assess their skills and choose a new direction which utilizes the study, work experience and talents of the resources most productively.


To apply for a study permit, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution. A designated learning institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students. Choosing an appropriate school is a very important step. Your choice determines whether or not you can apply for a work permit after graduation.

Find out more   

Research beyond the study plan

As a full-time student, you can work while you study on or off campus. You can also help your spouse or common-law partner get a work permit while you study, work temporarily or stay permanently in Canada after you graduate as an international student.

Find out more

Some study programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. How you apply for a co-op work permit depends on if you already applied for your study permit or not.

Find out more

You need to know if you are eligible to work after you graduate. Not all designated learning institutions make you eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP).  As well as graduating from an eligible designated learning institution, you need to meet all the criteria to get a post-graduation work permit. The post-graduation work permit can be an excellent pathway to permanent residence in Canada.

Find out more

Book a Consultation

You can schedule a consultation with us by using our “Online Consultation” form. Hourly consultation fees apply.

Looking for a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant?

Open chat